Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Super Secret Empathy Literacy!

Hi, today I am going to be showing you my empathy-based writing this week, named ¨Umbrella¨. Our goal was to use a range of written features to engage the audience, use simple and compound sentences with a variety of beginnings, lengths and structures, use some complex sentences to create pace, flow and interest & ensure that most writing is grammatically correct. Me and other peers in a group got help from a teacher to type down this text. 

                  Umbrella

Early one stormy morning, the door to Miss Elm’s Home For Children opened wide. The girl with the vibrant sunflower yellow umbrella, limped nervously into the orphanage before finding a home for her umbrella. Not wanting to be seen, Boris swiftly twirled his head around the door frame so that he was hidden from view. Standing off to the side, the girl gazed at the glorious scene while the children searched in the box for once-loved companions. The girl grinned as she observed the young boy zooming around the room like a bolt of lightning. Her smile melted abruptly as she looked back at the umbrella stand and all that was left was a few dirty puddles. Her precious umbrella had vanished.


Can you spot a simile in my writing?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gus.
    Good job with that Umbrella writing! It is very descriptive. I think I can spot the simile. Is it zooming around the room like a bolt of lightning?

    - Izzy

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post