Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Ultra Brick Reflection!

 My favourite Lego activity was the one where we passed around the Lego base plate because it taught me that people have different ideas to what we have, and we should celebrate other people's differences. The activity also taught me you can think of so many different ideas for what to add to what other people have done. 


Hi, today I am going to be showing you my reflection that I typed after having a company called, ¨House of Bricks¨ visited our school. That Friday, two hubs including my hub had three activities, all in different hubs. Each Lego activity included either teamwork, grit or perseverance, one all at the same time. The activities all taught me something important, but, most importantly they were fun.


My least favourite Lego activity was the Mosaic activity because it was hard trying to imagine what to place on your small base plate, and not to mention taking the thin, tiny bricks off with a Lego lever. Often, bricks would be stuck together and you would have to take both off. Even though this was a fun activity, I would say this is the one I least enjoyed. 


The activity that tested my perseverance the most was the tower- building because it was tough creating stacks that would hold up the quirky, unstable tower. But, together with me and 9 others, we managed to build a stable, tall tower, being so high it took our team to first place.


The most challenging activity was the racing cars because once you had created a car you thought was perfect, it only went a few centimeters off the rail. It was quite challenging to find the perfect pieces to place on your hopefully speeding car, and me and my partner broke, tested and modified our way into seventh place. 


I enjoyed working collaboratively with others because each activity went way faster than it would’ve been alone. Almost all the activities involved teamwork, and each and every time the people I worked with listened to my ideas, and helped me to achieve the goal. And even though some of our team members argued, we helped each other out and everyone had a part to play.


What is your favourite Lego activity?



2 comments:

  1. Hi Gus, Daniel here
    great post Gus sounds like you had a blast, my favourite activity was the mosaics because It was nice and peaceful and I was in control of the build and it was cool spinning the bricks and seeing the colours mix and move sadly i did not get to do the tower building activity we played Dodgeball instead what was your favourite activity?
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gus, It is Calystah your blog buddy. You did good describing. You must have had so much fun at Friday. My least favourite is Mosaic and my most favourite was Passing the Bricks.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post