Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Super Persuasion Text!

    Hi, today I am going to be showing you my persuasive writing for this week. My goal was to write a persuasive text about schools and junk food and show my understanding of text. I gathered the information by watching informational videos.                                                        


                                      Should Schools Ban Junk Food?

We all love the little treats packed in our school lunches. But is it best if we don't have them? 

Hello, my name is Gus, and I am going to try to convince you of the obvious - should school lunches be free of junk food? 

The little treats in kids´ lunches can go from a packet of chips to almost all of their lunches being jammed with unhealthy snacks. If kids had handfuls of sweets and chocolate in their lunches 5 times a school week, they would grow to be weak, a junk food addict, and would barely exercise. Cafeterias can often be found with untouched vegetable and meat options, but the chips and whatnot options would be left bare, children scoffing down the remains, demanding more. What's worse is in such a rush to splat a platter of junk food on their plates, they often trip or fall over, sometimes leading to serious injuries. And to top it all off, the poor cafeteria ladies have to throw smelly meat and vegetables away whilst restocking the chip option every single day. This can cost schools a lot of money, sometimes leading to classes like Music or Art being a budget cut. When it comes to parents, even small snacks like a fruit or muesli bar can be begged, pleaded and even aggressively attacked for. It is also clear that these unhealthy snacks make children extremely hyperactive, so during class time they barely pay attention, forcing teachers to raise their voice or even shout. 


So what if we ban junk food? What would happen then...?


What would you try and persuade someone about?


1 comment:

  1. I love your opening lines Gus, great rhetorical question!

    You introduced your stance on the topic and have given some good pointers as to why we should not have junk food. You have also used good phrases and vocabulary; what's worse, to top it all off, it is also clear.

    Since blogging this piece of work you have split your writing into more paragraphs and I can see that you have listened to the comments in the workshop and acted upon them. Excellent, well done.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post