Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Padding Persuasive Text!

 Hi, today I am going to be showing you my persuasive text I made a few weeks ago during lockdown. My goal was to vary sentence beginnings, structures and length. Write simple and compound sentences (by using conjunctions). Use some complex sentences. Use simple and compound sentences with a variety of beginnings, lengths and structures. Use some complex sentences to create pace, flow and interest. Use linking words and phrases to link some paragraphs. I collected information by watching videos and recalling from earlier work.    

  Should all Schooling Be Online? 


Children beg for hours to go on devices. So should we have them at school? We all know that screens and technology get the better of kids, and, is it really helping if we´re adding school into the mix?


Hello, my name is Gus, and I am going to teach you something that's never been thought of before - kids, school and devices. Think about it. If all schooling was online, kids would have a dreadful, uncontrollable addiction to screens, not doing amazing things for the child's average eyesight. In fact, research shows that if kids spend a lot of time on devices, say, 4-5 hours a day, it could cause future blurry vision, eye discomfort and headaches. 


Kids´ attention spans could decrease, which is not so good for focus in the classroom. What's more is that these devices can cost parents a fortune, whereas if only some or no schooling was online, a penny wouldn't have to be pulled from their pockets. I mean, without a doubt kids love these devices, but sometimes that can also cause behavioral problems. I don't even have to research to know that most kids that own a device end their screen time with sour faces, tears and even poor attitudes. 


Did you know that most kids spend up to five hours a day on a device? As I mentioned earlier, side effects include eye effects, and to add to that, overweight risk and laziness. In my opinion, devices should be banned at school forever. Do you really want your kid on a device 5 days a week for hours at a time? 


What would you want to persuade someone about?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gus! It;s Boston. This blog is wonderful! It has all that a good blog needs, and your writing has heaps of detail! You used a lot of big words, and you explained a lot. Maybe next time, make your paragraphs smaller. To answer your question, I would persuade someone about having lollies at school.
    From Boston.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post