Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Walsh´s Fiery Fact File!

 Hi, today I am going to be showing you my work for my independent literacy this week. My goal was to create a fully updated and modified fact file translating and summarising our learning this term. I gathered the information by researching the lifestyle and achievements of this burly athlete. Also he lives in my subdivision. :-)

Tom Walsh´s Fact File     

 Tom Walsh is the 3rd best shot-putter in Olympic history. He lives in Prestons Park, Christchurch, New Zealand. He grew up on a farm around the exterior of Timaru. Tom Walsh has competed in every single Olympics from the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia to the 2021 Olympics at Tokyo, Japan. His personal best throw was at South Canterbury Athletic Club, Doha,
and, coached by Ian Baird, threw 22.90 meters. Walsh was born on the 1st March 1992. His parents are Karen Walsh and Peter Walsh and he has a brother called Bill Walsh. He started his shot-put career in 2009 at the World Youth Championships in Athletics, where he placed sixth.

Do you have a favourite athlete?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gus, I learnt something new about Tom Walsh. I had no idea that he was literally the 3rd best shot-putter, it was very intresting to me. My favourite athlete is Lisa Carrington. :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post