Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

Next Level Numbers!

 Next Level Numbers! 


Hi! I'm going to show you, in the slide, how to use tidy numbers to solve addition and subtraction problems! Here is an example: 456 + 367. Since this is an addition question you would take away from one number and add to one number. Since 367 is the closest to a tidy number, we would add 3 and it would make 370. That means you would take away 3 from 456, which would make 453! In total, the question is 370 + 453 = 823! Bye, and do you have a maths problem solving way you could share?

4 comments:

  1. gus give my mouse back or i will eat all your food

    ReplyDelete
  2. and ill steal ya house

    ReplyDelete
  3. gus im gonna kill hyou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gus - great to see what you have been doing in Maths. You have written a good explanation of the strategy. I also like the catchy title. I think you could improve your slideshow with a little bit of colour. Have you learned any other new strategies?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post